Monday 24 October 2016

And now for something completely random!

I think I mentioned in an earlier post that I had purchased a house this year.

Well, winter is over and the gardens have gone crazy with the wet spring weather we've had.

That means I've ended up spending the first nice sunny long weekend (this weekend) doing nothing but gardening!?!

So, although this post is really going to be about gardening, (I know right)... it's really more so I don't loose the photos of how the place looks now so I have something for future reference.

Anyway a start...

Ripped out some rubbish overgrown daisy bushes and planted a veggie garden... (thanks to a local supermaket chain giving away free seeds :-) )


And weeded the rose garden (I can't take credit for the roses) to plant some flowers to attract the bees... (gotta save the bees!)


But, the slow realisation has dawned that this is going to be a long, long road...

Hopefully the plants don't die and I actually remember to water them each day! :-)

Stage 2 is underway with some creeper currently 2/3 cleared (I now need to get my rather full green waste bin emptied)...


Stage 3 is going to be a bitch apparently. Clearing out the tradescantia from here...


The lady at the garden centre reckoned it took her 2yrs to fully kill if off from her property.

I do think I will look at some bird feeder options to try and attract the local Tui's a little closer.

Home ownership fun continues ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment