Tuesday 7 January 2014

Bumblebees

Something pretty different today :)

 

Its the last day of my holiday today, so I decided to have a pretty quiet and relaxing one at home. As I was sitting out on the deck enjoying a cup of green tea this morning, I noticed that there seemed to be a number of bumblebees out and about. They were pretty active around the garden.

 

The sun was shining so I decided to use the opportunity to try some macro photography (as macro as I can get with my 18 – 55mm lens anyway) and shooting on manual. I used f5.6 for most of the shots and an iso of 100 – 200. Shutter speed was adjusted to keep the right exposure.

 

Here’s some of the results:

Bumblebee Bumblebee   Bumblebee Bumblebee Bumblebee Bumblebee   Bumblebee Bumblebee Bumblebee Bumblebee Bumblebee

 

After watching them for awhile, I started to figure when they’d take off…. so would keep my finger on the button and rattle off a number of shots to see if I could get lucky. I got a couple of really nice ones and a few that I like even with the bumblebee just out of focus….

Bumblebee Bumblebee Bumblebee Bumblebee  Bumblebee Bumblebee Bumblebee Bumblebee Bumblebee Bumblebee 

 

And then there was photoshop :)  Some of images were pretty clear and sharp so I was able to zoom in. This really worked with the bumblebee around the lavender. Enjoy:

Bumblebee Bumblebee  Bumblebee Bumblebee Bumblebee Bumblebee Bumblebee  Bumblebee Bumblebee Bumblebee Bumblebee Bumblebee

 

Finally just a couple of the flowers that took my interest so I tried a close-up to see how it would turn out…..

Flower Flower  Flower Flower

 

A little bit of fun and a good way to pass the time. Am pretty happy with the results. Hope you enjoyed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment