Monday 20 January 2014

Event Time

So I just registered and paid for two very different events and they couldn’t be more different….

 

First up -

Battlecry

My first gaming tournament for the year. I’ll be playing in the Field of Glory Ancients tournament. 6 games over 2 days at 600pts per game. The force I’ll field will be my stock standard Late Republican Romans. I know what I said in my last post…. but no changes to the force. I’m keeping the Cav :) I think I will just stick to using them as rear support. I must remember that they are not frontline troops!

 

So the other event. Very different I said… well check it out:

960260_10153620436685277_1032582696_n

 

A group of the guys and gals from the gym I go are putting a team together, so I’m in. Am only slightly nervous after reading the waiver and having to enter my next of kin details…..

 

Check out the website here: http://toughmudder.com/events/auckland-2014/ (this is for the Auckland event).

 

20km run with something like 20 obstacles. The promo stuff is pretty cool -

ecard_earned-a-beer-_small ecards_kids-again-_small

toughmudder_pledge

 

I like the fact that this isn’t a race. It’s about the team. It’s about overcoming your fears. It’ll be tough. It’ll be awesome.

2 comments:

  1. oh cool, I may just have to tag along and take photos :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah that could be cool. $20 entry just to be a spectator though..... not sure if the team has an official photographer :)

    ReplyDelete