Yeap. That's right.... a painting update!
Just to show that I do actually get some models finished from time to time.
This time it is my Bolt Action German vehicles.
Overall, I'm pretty happy with how they have turned out apart from a couple of minor annoyances.
To paint them, I used Tamiya paints for the base colours and then used Vallejo to highlight/detail.. I used a mix of Vallejo & AK interactive paints to do the chipping (sponge method) and then the AK heavy mud set for the final weathering. To get the splatter I get a blob of the "mud" on a brush and use an airbrush to spray it off the brush over the mini.
I've also stuck with stock standard German late war 3-tone camo.
So here is what I have done....
A quick homemade lightbox means the pictures are getting a little better too :)
Sd Kfz 234/2 "Puma"
Sd Kfz 222
Panzer IV H (with shurzen)
StuH 42 (with shurzen)
For this one, the barrel is just pinned in place. This is so I can swap it for the Stug G barrel. I suspect in time that the barrel will become glued in place as I get annoyed with it wobbling around everywhere... :)
Sd Kfz 251/1 C
This is the one I am least happy with. I tried a slightly different camo pattern that I saw in one of my reference books, but I think I ballsed it up. Just doesn't look right. Then I got a little carried away with the weathering in places...
Opel Blitz Trucks
Now I just have to finish off the crews. I've also noticed there is some silvering around some of the decals that I will need to tidy up. Hopefully a decent coat of varnish will fix it! So far they have only had a light coat to hold everything in place.
I may add some more touches like foilage branches/camo netting in time, but I think I'm probably better off trying to work on the rest of the infantry instead :)