Tuesday, 6 January 2015

The Moon and the Sun

3 posts in 3 days! I'm doing well. This time a photography related post.

Lee txt me last night to the say the moon was looking good and the tide was in, so we popped up the road to take a few shots from the hills overlooking Shelly Beach.

Here is what I got...



Most of my shots across the estuary didn't turn out so well, but at least I got one nice one. The sculpture was fun to play around though :)

I tried some bracketed exposures too. This one below is a combination of exp -1, 0 & +1. Combined using Photoshops automated HDR merge. Doesn't really look too much different to my eye...


Finally, just a little bit of fun with long exposures... imagine if there were really 3 of me... :)


I'd already planned to up early today to catch the sunrise. Since I've still got a couple of days of leave left, I figured it would be worth the effort at least once.

Not the best sunrise this morning, still I'm happy with what I got. I started at the same spot as the night before, but didn't really like the angle based on where the sun was rising, so I quickly popped down to Shelly beach before heading back up for a last shot.






Now it's back to bed for a nap I think... :)

Thanks for reading.