Tuesday 29 December 2015

What!? Already!?

Another year is over!?

Is it me or has this year gone by particularly quickly?

I don't think I had a master plan for this year, so I've gone back over my posts to reflect on what I have been up too...

Painting & Gaming

Painting wise there isn't much to show for 2016. I'd been chipping away at my Bolt Action German force, only to have all painting pretty much stopped after a wrist injury at the end of May.

Still, I'm pretty happy with what I did paint.

Oh and I got some paint of some Empire of the Dead models :-)

Gaming wise... lots of games, as always, which is great. Mixed results throughout, but I was pleased to see the return of Infinity (albeit it briefly) and Flames of War in among a whole heap of Bolt Action games.

Our massive X-Wing game was also great fun and a great success!

My Incursion kickstarter also arrived and has been great fun to play. Expect to see more of this one!

And.... I finally got round to organising an Empire of Dead game :-)

So a good year of games with some good mates. Let the good times roll into 2016!

Crossfit

Refer to the comment above about the wrist injury :-( Kinda killed much in the way of training this year as the recovery and rehab process has been long and slow (scaphoid ligament sprain) especially since I was in a good place strength and fitness wise just prior. I'm only just starting to come right now where I can do some upper body training.

Still, on the bright side... my legs have got a lot stronger! :-)

Here's hoping for a better year training wise in 2016!

Photography

A good year photography wise. Especially with two actual paying jobs - One at the Auckland War Memorial Museum and one at Crossfit box I train at.

The museum job was a pretty special one as it was the 100th anniversary of the landings at Gallipoli. It was somewhat of an honour to be able to work on the day and cover some of the ceremony. 

To top it off, my lasting memory of RNZAF Huey's will be that amazing sound cutting through the crisp still air just before dawn. The crowd was hushed as they got louder and louder, eyes straining to spot where they were coming from. Finally, two spec's could be made out in the faint dawn light as two Huey's made they way in and flew over the cenotaph in remembrance. Awesome to see and hear.

Otherwise lots of other outings (not all of planes either :-) ), an attempt to get a small comp going between a few of us in between a few other random shoots. 

Photographing the Crossfit comps was great fun and it was pleasing that all the guys were stoked with the photos. A fair few are Facebook profile pictures now :-)

But the big one... Omaka Classic Fighters. Well, well worth it. I can't wait until the next one in 2017! No more needs to be said on how awesome this event is.

Otherwise, life in general is good. Good friends, good family, good whisky and a good job / career. 

Speaking of which, 2016 is going to be a hectic year work wise, but it is all for good. Another opportunity to be involved in and lead something great. Should lead to good things all going well! Hopefully it doesn't impact my blogging / gaming too much.

I suspect 2016 will be a good year in other aspects too. Let's see what happens.

Looking forward to more games, whiskey and beers with great mates.

Roll on 2016.

Happy New Year all.

Thank you for taking the time to read my ramblings and trawl through all my photos over the last year :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment