Monday 28 October 2013

A Long Weekend

And it has been very long…. I had been hoping to blog about my time at Flamescon, but alas sickness intervened. I’ll spare you the gory details on what I had, but suffice to say… there was an unpleasant few days.
 
I did manage to pop out and see how the guys were getting on at Flamescon on Sunday and check out some of the releases. Lee and Steve had put together some amazing dioramas, but unfortunately I didn't even think to take my camera to grab a couple of photos. 
 
BF had some of their new plastic units on display and they do look very nice. May have to get some. About time BF.
 
Sounds like it was a pretty good tournament, so I’m disappointed to have had to withdraw.
 
Today is Labour Day (a public holiday) here in NZ and, as I was feeling more alive, I needed to get out and about for a bit. Rob agreed to head out with me and we popped down to the waterfront to see the Tall Ships departing and take a few pics - http://www.tallshipfestival2013.com/auckland.html
 
The longest lens I have is a 250mm and the ships were just a little too far away for some good clear photos, but it was nice to just be out in some sun, rain and then more sun :)
 
So I set the camera to Tv 1/250, Iso 400 and just clicked away. Again, I seem to struggle with getting the right lighting in overcast conditions. I adjusted levels in Photoshop in a few, but I think it has brought out too much blue. Here are a few of the shots anyway:

Spirit of NZ

Tall Ship

Tall Ships

Tall Ships

Tall Ships

Tall Ship

Tall Ships

Tall Ships

Tall Ships

Tall Ship
                               
Didn't look like there was enough rum swilling, yo ho ho's and other general pirate behaviour going on on-board any of the ships. Imagine if one of them had been decked out as an old school pirate ship! :)

Tried turning one into black & white, but need to frame it better I think. A sort of faded look around the edges would work well. Must see Rob for some more software….. :)


Tall Ship

A Coast Guard spotter plane was flying around…. so off course I had to take a pic or two :)

Coast Guard

Coast Guard

No comments:

Post a Comment