Monday 26 May 2014

Super Dungeon Explore!

Another Sunday and another days gaming. This time a break from Malifaux... we just couldn't resist the lure of playing something else :)

Especially since Rob had recently gotten Super Dungeon Explore.


Apparently this is based on some arcade game, but I am clearly too young to remember that game :)

I would play some Mage, Mark was a druid (who stayed in frightened bear mode all game), Phil was the paladin and Lee played a ranger. Rob would be game master.


Note the essential gaming supplies of beer and snacks. More on the beers later... (worried yet Rob?).

The game had kicked off by the time I arrived, but the team was doing okay. Until we split up. Why did we split up!?

Mark and Phil ended up trying to hold off a horde of bad guys who were swarming them whilst Lee and I went for the treasure :) Suffice to say Phil didn't last long. Mark's frightened bear certainly did a good job of dealing with loads of the critters though....




We were soon in trouble. Killing all the critters meant the big stuff was coming on and soon the big boss would arrive. Our troubles probably weren't helped by me deciding that it would be more fun to refuse to resurrect the Paladin and use the card to remove an effect on myself instead :) 

Then it was boss time. I was the closet, so moved up to have a crack. The ranger had recently died and the bear was still frightening critters. I would face the boss alone....


And I got burnt to a crisp for my troubles....

That left the druid to see what he could do.... frighten it to death maybe?


Nope. He in fact gave it a hug. And it was such a hug that it ended up breaking every bone in the boss killing it!

Victory!

Having realised we'd made a few errors.... quite key errors in fact.... we decided to set-up for another game. As Mike and Garth were almost finished their game of X-Wing, we waited and so I took a few pics of their game:



For our 2nd game, I decided to play the sorceress. We set-up and entered the dungeon....



We seemed to be making good progress through thoughtful use of all the characters abilities (and by getting the rules right for obtaining potions). Unfortunately, it was getting late in the afternoon, so I had head off. Means I'm not actually sure on the end result..... but I'm sure the team would have won. :)

All in all, a good fun and simple game. Great for playing with mates over a few beers.

So, anyway... onto those beers.



Please note that I bought the Tuatara. Rob got the other two, not me. A lot of mileage was had out of the name of one of the beers he bought..... can you guess which one?

2 comments: